Skip to main content
Topic: Nextcloud client not able to configure (Read 1004 times) previous topic - next topic

Nextcloud client not able to configure

Hello,

I've installed nextcloud both from Community repo and from source site (appimage file) and I get the same behaviour where I can't run the initial configuration because another window to browse files and see status of your profile is overlaying on top of the initial configuration wizard.

If I try to click on any of the menu buttons from the window on top (settings, add account) it doesn't react but if I press exit it does...

I can see the config wizard react to my clicks and keystrokes but is quite difficult to figure out what I'm typing where.

I hope you can help me as I can't seem to find any other thread anywhere related to this issue.

I'm using artix openrc base with bspwm / picom / polybar

Thanks!

Re: Nextcloud client not able to configure

Reply #1
you mean from the AUR?  i dont find nextcloud in a community repo.  I have every repo activate except the gremlins ones and i cant find a nexcloud except in the aur.  which community repo is it in?

Alt-Tab doesn't switch between the open windows?
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #2
you mean from the AUR?  i dont find nextcloud in a community repo.  I have every repo activate except the gremlins ones and i cant find a nexcloud except in the aur.  which community repo is it in?
You need to enable community repository in /etc/pacman.conf to gain access to it.
Code: [Select]
$ pacman -Ss ^nextcloud\$
community/nextcloud 23.0.3-1
    A cloud server to store your files centrally on a hardware controlled by you

@OP: Package nextcloud is not in Artix repositories but in Arch repository "community". Personally, I never used it (I use decentralized Syncthing instead, which is in Artix repositories and has services for all init systems supported by Artix), so I'm afraid I can't help with this.

Reply #3
Oh so this is something likely dependent on systemd.  Yah, no thanks to that.
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #4
I have nextcloud successfully installed on a LXQT-openrc installation, and have not encountered the problem that you have.

Reply #5
You need to enable community repository in /etc/pacman.conf to gain access to it.
$ pacman -Ss ^nextcloud\$
community/nextcloud 23.0.3-1
    A cloud server to store your files centrally on a hardware controlled by you

@OP: Package nextcloud is not in Artix repositories but in Arch repository "community". Personally, I never used it (I use decentralized Syncthing instead, which is in Artix repositories and has services for all init systems supported by Artix), so I'm afraid I can't help with this.

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I need to use NC Client (not server) to sync my files/directories.

I have nextcloud successfully installed on a LXQT-openrc installation, and have not encountered the problem that you have.

I guess it's related to picom/bspwm. I'm trying to get around with the cli applet from the client.

Reply #6
so you could disable picom temporarily as a work around until another solution presents itself?  Clearly the picom has an issue? Not ideal though.
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #7
so you could disable picom temporarily as a work around until another solution presents itself?  Clearly the picom has an issue? Not ideal though.

That's something I also thought on. I will try and come back to you guys.

Reply #8
I guess it's related to picom/bspwm.
Try to
pkill picom
picom >picom.log 2>&1
and paste picom.log to a paste service, if it isn't empty.

Note that picom has replaced compton, and recently the deprecated compton.conf was removed from /etc/skel. Old configuration files are known to have issues with picom. Try moving or renaming the files $HOME/.config/{picom,compton}.conf and see if that solves your issue.

Reply #9
Coming back with some updates.

Disabling picom didn't make any difference, GUI still behaves as before.

I'm working with nextcloudcmd for now.

Using this query on a script with chmod 400 against a cron job.

nextcloudcmd --non-interactive --path {path.local} {path.remote} https://{user}:{password}@{url.NCServer}

Bit busy these days, will come back later with suggested outputs strajder, thanks!

Reply #10
Oh so this is something likely dependent on systemd.  Yah, no thanks to that.
No systemd dependency.
It's just not in the Artix repo's I guess? Not every missing package depend on systemd, in fact few do.

The package artix-archlinux-support 'provides' systemd and systemd-libs as a dummy.

So if you enable the Arch repo's as per https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Repositories#Arch_repositories
and install a package which hard depends on systemd it just won't work. systemd will not get installed.