Topic: ip_tables missing (Read 583 times) previous topic - next topic

ip_tables missing

Hi,

I wanted to open a port with

Code: [Select]
sudo iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 51413 -j ACCEPT

but I'm getting an error:

Code: [Select]
modprobe: FATAL: Module ip_tables not found in directory /lib/modules/5.18.7-zen1-1-zen
iptables v1.8.8 (legacy): can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

I've checked lsmod and ip_tables is indeed not there. Does Artix use some other firewall that I'm not aware of or will I need to recompile my kernel with iptables support?

Re: ip_tables missing

Reply #1
it works for me, i have plain legacy iptables. Do you have nftables by any chance?

Do you have linux-zen-headers installed?

Reply #2
Yes, I have linux-zen-headers installed and it doesn't seem like I have nftables.

Reply #3
Does Artix use some other firewall that I'm not aware of or will I need to recompile my kernel with iptables support?

iptables is in the kernel. That's not an Artix kernel unless the zen kernel has been added to Artix which I doubt ? So what Artix uses has no relevance. But Artix does have iptables in its kernel.

Are you sure your running zen kernel matches the modules you have installed? I'd be very surprised if the zen kernel did not have iptables.

Reply #4
it has, i'm running it right now and that command succeeded

i was trying to look if enabling gremlins and upgrading the kernel+dkms from there would do anything but i arrived to no conclusion. this probably has to do with the dkms bug in upstream Arch from a week or so ago but it was fixed and i had no issues like here.