Skip to main content
Topic: Service mount-all command failed with exit code 64  (Read 584 times) previous topic - next topic

Service mount-all command failed with exit code 64

Due to the Suite66 retirement I nuked it and installed Artix XFCE dinit from the .iso

Everything worked for about a month and then it failed to boot to the GUI. I got the following:

Code: [Select]
dinit: Service mount-all command failed with exit code 64
[FAILED] mount-all
[FAILED] swap
[FAILED] root-rw
[FAILED] locale
[   OK   ] mount
[   OK   ] random-seed
[   OK   ] sysusers

Sorry I am hand typing this from a windows PC.

I booted from a liveboot and used chroot to run full system update. Rebooted machine and had the same failure. Assuming I goofed something up, I reinstalled from .iso and got everything mostly working again for about a week and ended up with the same boot failure. Chroot and full update still didn't help. So rather than Groundhog Day this loop again I am reaching out for a little guidance. I am not a total noob but I am not strongly versed in the world of Unix.

What should I do next and where do I find more information on exit codes?

Re: Service mount-all command failed with exit code 64

Reply #1
Due to the Suite66 retirement I nuked it and installed Artix XFCE dinit from the .iso

Everything worked for about a month and then it failed to boot to the GUI. I got the following:

Code: [Select]
dinit: Service mount-all command failed with exit code 64
[FAILED] mount-all
[FAILED] swap
[FAILED] root-rw
[FAILED] locale
[   OK   ] mount
[   OK   ] random-seed
[   OK   ] sysusers

Sorry I am hand typing this from a windows PC.

I booted from a liveboot and used chroot to run full system update. Rebooted machine and had the same failure. Assuming I goofed something up, I reinstalled from .iso and got everything mostly working again for about a week and ended up with the same boot failure. Chroot and full update still didn't help. So rather than Groundhog Day this loop again I am reaching out for a little guidance. I am not a total noob but I am not strongly versed in the world of Unix.

What should I do next and where do I find more information on exit codes?

>>What should I do next and where do I find more information on exit codes?

On the mount ( 8 ) man-page:
           some mount succeeded

The command mount -a returns 0 (all succeeded), 32 (all failed), or 64
           (some failed, some succeeded).

It means some of your mounts succeeded and others failed.

In order to better understand the issue, post your /etc/fstab and the output of commands lsblk -f and blkid here.

Reply #2

Reply #3
disable swap from /etc/fstab then check for failure
Create problems which don't have solution