Skip to main content
Topic: cannot open encrypted device (Read 485 times) previous topic - next topic

cannot open encrypted device

HI , i have an encrypted device which stores all my personal data. I am unable to open the encryption using cryptsetup and gparted. The following error regarding module appears using cryptsetup: how to install or load that module? happens the first time so have no idea.
Code: [Select]
Cannot initialize device-mapper. Is dm_mod kernel module loaded?

Re: cannot open encrypted device

Reply #3
You must activate the lvm service.
ERROR: problem running iptables: modprobe: FATAL: Module ip_tables not found in directory /lib/modules/5.18.10-artix1-1
iptables v1.8.8 (legacy): can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
and what about this?

Reply #4
ERROR: problem running iptables: modprobe: FATAL: Module ip_tables not found in directory /lib/modules/5.18.10-artix1-1
iptables v1.8.8 (legacy): can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
and what about this?
What does iptables have to do with logical volume management?

Reply #5
What does iptables have to do with logical volume management?
lol no. it has nothing to do with lvm but this is another issue. i am trying to enable ufw and this shows up; sudo ufw status;; and the error is this... openrc says ufw service does not exist when i try start ufw on boot...and also lvm service is now running but still the same problem of dm_mod exists. unable to unlock the encrypted device