Skip to main content
Topic: The version of universe/ungoogled-chromium is out of date and not maintained (Read 764 times) previous topic - next topic

The version of universe/ungoogled-chromium is out of date and not maintained

This has caused the old ungoogled-chromium in the universe to take precedence over the latest ungoogled-chromium in the AUR.
Disabling the universe will interfere with updating artix-archlinux-support.
Is there any way to fix this?

Re: The version of universe/ungoogled-chromium is out of date and not maintained

Reply #1
If you can, please revert artix-archlinux-support back to galaxy. I need artix-archlinux-support, but the old and unmaintained packages in universe are in the way.

Re: The version of universe/ungoogled-chromium is out of date and not maintained

Reply #2
A build for ungoogled-chromium for Artix - which does not depend on systemd - was started earlier this afternoon (CET). It will be added to universe tomorrow.

artist

Reply #3
If you can, please revert artix-archlinux-support back to galaxy. I need artix-archlinux-support, but the old and unmaintained packages in universe are in the way.
I doubt the move you request will happen. I seem to remember it was causing build issues with other packages having it in galaxy.
Because of the provides 'systemd'. But I could be wrong. Happy to be corrected.
If you need artix-archlinux-support you can remove the universe repo and you still have it. Sure it won't get updates automatically but I don't see that being on the latest version matters so much for this package. It doesn't get a ton of updates.

But if you want to be on the latest version just check periodically for updates (Or set up a webpage watcher to do it) and either build yourself when necessary or enable universe temporarily and update.

Reply #4
Sure it won't get updates automatically but I don't see that being on the latest version matters so much for this package. It doesn't get a ton of updates.
What is important from that package is the dependency "archlinux-keyring".
This is a crucial one, since it will cause errors during updates.

Reply #5
You can place a package in an IgnorePkg line in /etc/pacman.conf then install any version you want from anywhere you want, manually specifying alternate repos before the package name when installing with -S or use -U, makepkg, an AUR helper etc. so usually you can find some suitable method along those lines to get round this kind of problem.

Reply #6
What is important from that package is the dependency "archlinux-keyring".
This is a crucial one, since it will cause errors during updates.
OK worth knowing.

Reply #7
Already, universe/ungoogled-chromium is OUT OF DATE.
Could you please update the package?

Reply #8
crazy idea! As you added it manually to install artix-archlinux-support (which is there for reasons explained by the devs a while back), why not just remove it (the repo., not the package),  then it'll all be AUR for those and the other packages you talked about.

Reply #9
A build for ungoogled-chromium for Artix - which does not depend on systemd - was started earlier this afternoon (CET). It will be added to universe tomorrow.

artist
is it out yet?

Reply #10
Some users only use Artix pacakges and a few from universe and omniverse. Some users do not have the cpu power to build eg ungoogled-chromium from AUR. All users are free to choose from where they install or build.

artist

Reply #11
Some users only use Artix pacakges and a few from universe and omniverse. Some users do not have the cpu power to build eg ungoogled-chromium from AUR. All users are free to choose from where they install or build.

artist
wait but does that mean yay on artix is useless and I should really delete it?

also /offtopic where do you guys discuss free hardware and coreboot and such over here? if there is a thread I mean

Reply #12
wait but does that mean yay on artix is useless and I should really delete it?

also /offtopic where do you guys discuss free hardware and coreboot and such over here? if there is a thread I mean
[/quote]

I have no experience with yay, but if it works for you - I know other users use it - it's not useless. In universe there is also a yaourtix package. For the other/off topic questions you'll find categories lower on the forum page.

artist