Skip to main content
Topic: Artix has now 100 user ratings on Distrowatch (Read 3655 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Artix has now 100 user ratings on Distrowatch

Reply #15
I'd just like to hold my hand up and say "it was me!".   The last review on Distrowatch ("a truly wonderful...."), pointing out with blunt diplomacy exactly why it's so low on Distrowatch despite high review ratings, and yet low "recommendations".  I do so hope it has enraged the culprit and will give them a truly restless night.  Peace. :-)

Reply #16
The last review on Distrowatch ("a truly wonderful...."), pointing out with blunt diplomacy exactly why it's so low on Distrowatch despite high review ratings, and yet low "recommendations".
Really?
"Wer alles kann, macht nichts richtig"

Artix USE="runit openrc slim openbox lxde gtk2 qt4 qt5 qt6 conky
-gtk3 -gtk4 -adwaita{cursors,themes,icons} -gnome3 -kde -plasma -wayland "

Reply #17
yes, really, that'll be the actual review rating you posted (like i said "...despite high review ratings..") , not the "recommendations"  which was a simple way of saying the "was this review helpful" figures. which moves the position up and down on the right panel on the main distrowatch screen..  Me bad, guess i should have said that instead of using a single 5 syllable word.   :D

Reply #18
I don't know if I've said it before, but I've switched 100% to artix. Even w/ the xanmod kernel. It's hands down the best distro I've tried. It's the most stable and  flexible distro I've used all the major ones and too many of the wanna bes.