Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: icon do not render (Read 677 times) previous topic - next topic

icon do not render

Hi, when i install an OS like Arch or Artix. then some icons do not render correctly. Anyone can guide me how to do solve this? becuase these icons will render correctly in kali linux, parrot os and garuda linux(manjaro also). How those distros make it work? I really want to learn this. Thanks
Examples in images.

Re: icon do not render

Reply #1
There is  missing font which contain these symbols
Find font name from config and install it
Create problems which don't have solution

Reply #3
After downloading you just need to restart app.
 Check config of window manager.
Are you using Neovim custom configs?
Can you upload configs?

Reply #5
i will make it private again when issue is solved.

Reply #6
in addition to the responses already, and the Garuda Web devs response to the names of robo and indeed notwidow today, a quick search returned this, maybe this will help, seems to describe what you got and there's a nerd link in it:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/72184554/how-to-fix-nvchad-not-displaying-icons

or indeed a load of nerd fonts in galaxy, but I'd imagine you've tried those already.

Reply #7
in addition to the responses already, and the Garuda Web devs response to the names of robo and indeed notwidow today, a quick search returned this, maybe this will help, seems to describe what you got and there's a nerd link in it:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/72184554/how-to-fix-nvchad-not-displaying-icons

or indeed a load of nerd fonts in galaxy, but I'd imagine you've tried those already.

yes i use nerd fonts. But it has something to do with settings i think.. because some icons display and some not. but i recently also installed kali linux and in kali all icons render correctly. so this must be some settings ... I have 3 nerd fonts.. which i use in all my OS.

Reply #8
Code: [Select]
groups = [
    Group("1", label="🔴"),
    Group("2", label="🔴"),
    Group("3", label="🔴"),
    Group("4", label="🔴"),
    Group("5", label="🔴"),
    Group("6", label="🔴"),
    Group("7", label="🔴"),
    Group("8", label="🔴"),
    Group("9", label="🔴")
        ]

From Qtile config(line 69 to 79) , these symbol(for virtual desktops) should be provided by emoji font (e.g noto-fonts-emoji)

Reply #9
Code: [Select]
groups = [
    Group("1", label="🔴"),
    Group("2", label="🔴"),
    Group("3", label="🔴"),
    Group("4", label="🔴"),
    Group("5", label="🔴"),
    Group("6", label="🔴"),
    Group("7", label="🔴"),
    Group("8", label="🔴"),
    Group("9", label="🔴")
        ]

From Qtile config(line 69 to 79) , these symbol(for virtual desktops) should be provided by emoji font (e.g noto-fonts-emoji)
thank you... i just need to install them. and some other fonts...