Skip to main content
Topic: BFW: Potentially Broken Clonezilla Backups (Not Restorable) (Read 288 times) previous topic - next topic

BFW: Potentially Broken Clonezilla Backups (Not Restorable)

Hi,

Just to let you know I recently tested various Live versions of Clonezilla using Debian UEFI+GPT, nothing fancy. Clonezilla Live indeed can make a backup "clone", but CANNOT restore the image to the same laptop. I used various versions, I used various options from advanced and  all combination in between....EPIC FAIL. The image is there. Clonezilla Live can boot the restored image itself (full page of errors but it boots Debian) as a 3rd party/first HDD boot option. BUT THE IMAGE ITSELF DOES NOT BOOT AFTER RESTORATION.

My suspicion is that some time ago they had "fixes" for those "chromebooks" and now whatever Clonezilla does- the restored image does not boot. The tests took me whole day. Nothing worked. The image is there but is not bootable.

And... I downloaded Windows 10. And Clonezilla of course works. Out of the box. WTF?! So now Clonezilla is ... Windows only. If someone has some time can he confirm? I have no patience for these people who don't test their software. So if anyone can contact Clonezilla team, and be patient with them, because this got on my nerves! (...).

Re: BFW: Potentially Broken Clonezilla Backups (Not Restorable)

Reply #1
Nothing worked. The image is there but is not bootable.

And... I downloaded Windows 10. And Clonezilla of course works. Out of the box. WTF?! So now Clonezilla is ... Windows only. If someone has some time can he confirm? I have no patience for these people who don't test their software. So if anyone can contact Clonezilla team, and be patient with them, because this got on my nerves! (...).

YMMD  ;D

"Ceterum censeo M$ esse delendam"

"Wer alles kann, macht nichts richtig"

Artix USE="runit openrc slim openbox lxde gtk2 qt4 qt5 qt6 conky
-gtk3 -gtk4 -adwaita{cursors,themes,icons} -gnome3 -kde -plasma -wayland "