Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] After Big KDE Update Plasma Desktop Stuck On Splash Screen (Read 888 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] After Big KDE Update Plasma Desktop Stuck On Splash Screen

After Big KDE Update Plasma Desktop Stuck On Splash Screen

Hi all. After updating yesterday When I log in from SDDM Plasma splash screen gets to about 90% and freezes. The mouse pointer works but the splash screen is frozen and Plasma desktop doesn't come up. Never experienced this before so I'm at a bit of a loss. Maybe something to do with X or kwin? I installed xfce4 desktop for the time being. I'm using runit.
Any ideas or anyone else experiencing anything after latest updates?

Thanks.

Re: After Big KDE Update Plasma Desktop Stuck On Splash Screen

Reply #1
The issue is probably related to this. Try downgrading kdecoration (5.25.90-1 works for me).

Reply #2
The issue is probably related to this. Try downgrading kdecoration (5.25.90-1 works for me).
Thanks for the quick response. Ok I downgraded to 5.26.5-1 and Plasma is up but taskmanager plugin is missing a shared file

libKF5Screen.so.7 - cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory.

This works for now. I imagine another update is on the way?

Thanks

Reply #3
Thanks for the quick response. Ok I downgraded to 5.26.5-1 and Plasma is up but taskmanager plugin is missing a shared file

libKF5Screen.so.7 - cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory.

This works for now. I imagine another update is on the way?

Thanks

It looks like downgrading libkscreen as well will work - or you can try the fix in the OP, though I get an error when I try to compile kwin.

Reply #4
It looks like downgrading libkscreen as well will work - or you can try the fix in the OP, though I get an error when I try to compile kwin.

Ok, that got taskmanager working again. This will work for the time being. Thanks for the help!!

Reply #5
Should be OK now; pls try again

artist