Skip to main content
Topic: [SOLVED] At least two library issues with KDE / Plasma (Read 1184 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] At least two library issues with KDE / Plasma

kwin
Code: [Select]
kwin_x11: error while loading shared libraries: libkdecorations2private.so.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
plasma-workspace (Sorry I forgot to save the library error but the taskmanager widget was throwing one)

Quick fix kwin
git clone https://gitea.artixlinux.org/packagesK/kwin.git
cd kwin/trunk/
Open PKGBUILD in an editor and comment or delete
rm -r $pkgdir/usr/lib/sy
makepkg -si
Quick fix plasma-workspace
git clone https://gitea.artixlinux.org/packagesP/plasma-workspace.git
cd plasma-workspace/trunk/
makepkg -si
I haven't spotted anything else yet.

Re: At least two library issues with KDE / Plasma

Reply #1
Downgrading kdecoration might be an easier quick fix for any users experiencing this issue. 5.25.90-1 works for me.

Reply #2
Downgrading kdecoration might be an easier quick fix for any users experiencing this issue. 5.25.90-1 works for me.
Might be. But there were a whole host of Plasma updates. Downgrading kdecoration might cause problems with other packages expecting the newer library version ?
It won't help with the task manager widget issue. I wish I could remember the library involved, as another downgrade could work, but I can't.

Edit:
In the interests of science I reinstalled the older version of plasma-workspace.
libKF5Screen.so.7 is the missing lib, from package libkscreen, affecting the task manager widget.
So if anyone would rather downgrade downgrading libkscreen might fix the issue but as warned may introduce others.

Reply #3
hi there
big issue here, after upgrade and reboot. i type my login/password on sddm, then... nothing
thanks for the warning
downgrading the packages kdedecoration and libkscreen solves it.
cd /var/cache/pacman/pkg
sudo pacman -U  kdecoration-5.26.5-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
sudo pacman -U libkscreen-5.26.5-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
sudo reboot

edit: andnow an other problem :)
when the screen goes blank after a certain time of inactivity, and i wake i up, it just displays the following message:
The screen locker is broken and unlocking is not possible anymore.
In order to unlock switch to a virtual terminal (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+F2),
loginctl unlock session c1
And if i type ctrl-alt-f1, or f2... f6, i cant even login there is no prompt/login invite :/

Reply #4
Might be. But there were a whole host of Plasma updates. Downgrading kdecoration might cause problems with other packages expecting the newer library version ?
It won't help with the task manager widget issue. I wish I could remember the library involved, as another downgrade could work, but I can't.

Edit:
In the interests of science I reinstalled the older version of plasma-workspace.
libKF5Screen.so.7 is the missing lib, from package libkscreen, affecting the task manager widget.
So if anyone would rather downgrade downgrading libkscreen might fix the issue but as warned may introduce others.

It might, but personally -- I get an error compiling kwin, and haven't had issues with the downgrade so far.

Reply #5
It might, but personally -- I get an error compiling kwin, and haven't had issues with the downgrade so far.
Yeah there's every chance things will work fine with the downgrade. And what with the lack of kwin being a bit of a dealbreaker anything that fixes that is progress!
Curious did you comment the line I suggested ? My first attempt at a build failed because of that strange line. Almost looks truncated ?

Reply #6
Same issue here. I ended up restoring from ISO because I couldn't get the quickfixes working. I'll wait to upgrade when this is patched.

Reply #7
Should be OK now; pls try again

artist

Reply #8
Should be OK now; pls try again

artist

Upgrading works. Many thanks.

Yeah there's every chance things will work fine with the downgrade. And what with the lack of kwin being a bit of a dealbreaker anything that fixes that is progress!
Curious did you comment the line I suggested ? My first attempt at a build failed because of that strange line. Almost looks truncated ?

I didn't have that line, strangely. The error I had was a compilation error due to a changed header file/library, which it doesn't seem was the issue with you.