Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Forum errorneously shows "This topic is currently/will be locked". (Read 701 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum errorneously shows "This topic is currently/will be locked".

Ahoj,

on every post I write (regardless if it is a new topic or if I reply to a topic), I see the message

> Warning! This topic is currently/will be locked 
> Only admins and moderators can reply.

above the editing window (see attached screenshot).

Nevertheless, I can reply.

What is wrong here? Can that be fixed?

Regards!

Re: Forum errorneously shows "This topic is currently/will be locked".

Reply #1
yeah, there seems to be some system error behind the scenes.
I wildly guess it is related to some update.

Reply #2
yeah, there seems to be some system error behind the scenes.
I wildly guess it is related to some update.

It's already for some time -- if this forum is well-maintained I would assume that this would have been fixed within a few days, if it is due to an update.

Bug: User page shows 'Call to undefined function template_member_online()'.

Reply #3
Ahoj,

I have encountered another bug in the forum:

When I visit the profile page of user "dimgel" (user number 2226), below the avatar image I see a box with the title

An Error Has Occurred

and red text

Call to undefined function template_member_online()

Also, at the top, there is a red error line with an exclamation mark but no text.

Screenshot attached.

Regards!

Reply #4
on every post I write (regardless if it is a new topic or if I reply to a topic), I see the message

> Warning! This topic is currently/will be locked 
> Only admins and moderators can reply.

above the editing window

Initially reported almost three months ago, the problem still persists.

Anyway, thanks for keeping the forum up!, 
Regards!

Reply #5
I'm not getting the error you mentioned with a test account. Are you using any script or ad blockers?

Re: Bug: User page shows 'Call to undefined function template_member_online()'.

Reply #6
Hm, I think the problem here (probably also with your other thread) is the theme. Can you switch to another (preferably the default) and see if the error persists?

Reply #7
I'm not getting the error you mentioned with a test account. Are you using any script or ad blockers?

I am using ad blockers, but I just have tried with another "vanilla" browser, I see the same.

Re: Bug: User page shows 'Call to undefined function template_member_online()'.

Reply #8
Hm, I think the problem here (probably also with your other thread) is the theme. Can you switch to another (preferably the default) and see if the error persists?

I was using the profile "Lazy Day".

I switched to "default" for testing, and I see that this issue as well as the other one is gone.

So I think the forum admins should update the themes (or delete the no-longer-supported one, and notify the users who use those).

Theme "Facelt" also has this issue!

Theme "ElkArte Be Social!" does not have this problem. But there I miss the number of posts and the number of likes below the username of posters in the thread view.

Regards!

Reply #9
The problem seemed to have been related with the theme, see here. With the "default" theme, it does not appear; I used "Lazy Day" theme, there it appeared. 
So I think the forum admins should update the themes (or delete the no-longer-supported one, and notify the users who use those).

Theme "Facelt" also has this issue!

Theme "ElkArte Be Social!" does not have this problem. But there I miss the number of posts and the number of likes below the username of posters in the thread view.

Reply #10
A note at the place of the moderators, to clarify the seemingly confusing thread:

This topic is a merger of two individual topics. The moderators did merge it, but did not leave a clarifying moderative note, so I do it here now.

Reply #11
Merged the topics, as they're very related.

I think this is correct. I'll delete "Lazy Day" and "FaceIt" once I get home tomorrow.

The creation of our forum has an interesting story attached to it: when we started Artix, we discussed and decided the general plan of action on the IRC. Now, the details have started to become a little foggy in my memory (@Chris Cromer and @artoo are welcome to complement), but for the forum we initially had opted for SMF until a volunteer who was into forum software advised against it and insisted on using Elkarte; the forum had already gone operational on SMF and we had to migrate; a few glitches here and there, some debugging, some nagging in #artix-dev, then the guy decided to leave and start his own forum instead.