Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Uninstall LXQT (Read 2139 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Uninstall LXQT

How would I uninstall LXQT DE? I already have BSPWM setup, and can't get around uninstalling LXQT. It says it's a dependncy and deleting it will breaking something. Be patient with me, I just whipped my arch linux disk.

Re: Uninstall LXQT

Reply #1
What you should be doing when asking a question like this is posting the command used, and the output received. All wrapped in code tags (the '#' icon). Not saying "breaking something".

If it was installed using the lxqt group package then just removing that group may work
Code: [Select]
sudo pacman -Rns lxqt
That said I had a currently unused installation of lxqt which you just inspired me to uninstall.
openbox is part of the group but I wanted to keep that .
This command worked for me.
pacman -Qqs lxqt- | sudo pacman -Rns - lximage-qt pcmanfm-qt qterminal screengrab
With both commands pacman will tell you exactly which packages it's going to remove so have a good look at them and if there's packages listed you want to keep either don't proceed or take a note and reinstall them after.

If in any doubt ask again here but post command and output.

Reply #2
can you explain what -rns and -qqs do? i plan on reinstalling artix on my laptop. the only probelm i'm having with it is, i couldn't find the guide on installing it on legacy mode. at leat from what i could tell they were for uefi and the partioning was for uefi too.

could you give an example on a non-uefi partioned install?

and will be there any commands that need changing for non-uefi?

i'm having trouble with uefi. i tried installing arch for uefi, it didn't work, legacy worked. i made sure my laptop supported uefi, and that it was only using uefi, and wasn't falling back to legacy.  so i used alpine linux and then void linux for a while, and then found out artix exists, so i'm planning on staying with it.

thank you for the useful and helpful answer, i'm not used to it.
also sorry, my caps key isn't working, if you can't tell.

Reply #3
can you explain what -rns and -qqs do?
man pacman
Explained better than I could and why reinvent the wheel.
i plan on reinstalling artix on my laptop. the only probelm i'm having with it is, i couldn't find the guide on installing it on legacy mode. at leat from what i could tell they were for uefi and the partioning was for uefi too.

i'm having trouble with uefi. i tried installing arch for uefi, it didn't work, legacy worked. i made sure my laptop supported uefi, and that it was only using uefi, and wasn't falling back to legacy.  so i used alpine linux and then void linux for a while, and then found out artix exists, so i'm planning on staying with it.
This is all another topic really.
I don't fully understand the question ? And I've never install Artix on a BIOS partitioned drive. Plus I've never installed Artix on bare metal using an iso. So I wouldn't be best placed to answer anyway I'm afraid.

Reply #4
it's okay, thank you for the helpful answer, have a good day.

Reply #5
can you explain what -rns and -qqs do? i plan on reinstalling artix on my laptop. the only probelm i'm having with it is, i couldn't find the guide on installing it on legacy mode. at leat from what i could tell they were for uefi and the partioning was for uefi too.

thank you for the useful and helpful answer, i'm not used to it.
also sorry, my caps key isn't working, if you can't tell.

If you read the Artix wiki it explains how to partition your disk, both UEFI and BIOS installs:

https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Installation#Partition_your_disk

Hope that helps!