Skip to main content
Topic: How to install Davinci Resolve manually from install package (Read 514 times) previous topic - next topic

How to install Davinci Resolve manually from install package

0. Download the package from blackmagicdesign.com, you can provide fake registration info and that form will eat it successfully, so...
1. Run DaVinci_Resolve_XX.X_Linux.run package.
2. Install just as it tells you.
3. You may run into "error looking up symbols" whenever you run "/opt/resolve/bin/resolve" so simply move those 4 libraries into "disabled" folder, with this step Davinci Resolve will use system libraries and should run:
Code: [Select]
sudo mkdir /opt/resolve/libs/disabled
sudo mv /opt/resolve/libs/libglib* /opt/resolve/libs/disabled/
sudo mv /opt/resolve/libs/libgio* /opt/resolve/libs/disabled/
sudo mv /opt/resolve/libs/libgmodule* /opt/resolve/libs/disabled/
sudo mv /opt/resolve/libs/libgoobject* /opt/resolve/libs/disabled/
4. You may notice that the fonts are particularly small. The UI scaling is locked to three options: 100%, 150%, and 200%. These options might not be suitable for you. Therefore, leave it at 100% in preferences and run Resolve with the following command:
Code: [Select]
QT_FONT_DPI=110 QT_ENABLE_HIGHDPI_SCALING=1 /opt/resolve/bin/resolve
This will run with 110% UI scaling, so finetune QT_FONT_DPI to your liking.

Re: How to install Davinci Resolve manually from install package

Reply #2
This is not planned for Artix, but it might help:
[...]
Indeed, it is a really nice editor. However, the biggest drawback of the free version is that it doesn’t support several widely used codecs due to patents and copyrights. Despite this, it remains a viable alternative, especially for those coming from Sony Vegas. As for the tutorial, I posted it for the sake of convenience. Many of the manual installation guides are outdated, so having one specifically written for Artix should be of great help to many people, particularly those who are not familiar with AUR or prefer not to use it.

Re: How to install Davinci Resolve manually from install package

Reply #3
The step 3. really would've helped me back when I tried a cr*ck version last year :) but by winter it stopped working due to being linked with older glibc (well actually them specifying too exact of a version). Hope now they don't do that anymore.
I will look for newer ones.