Skip to main content
Topic: new schedulers oh my!! I see 8+ so far  (Read 469 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: new schedulers oh my!! I see 8+ so far

Reply #1
What is the word about all these new linux schedulers?

Quite possibly "bird" is the word..  ;)

Interesting git awesome link list, Im using the zen kernel which it lists and have always had good desktop experience with it.
There is linux-ck in the galaxy repos i might try out too.
"The Linux-ck kernel and modules with the ck1 patchset featuring MuQSS CPU scheduler - last full CK version, pkgrel is gcc version" From lwn https://lwn.net/Articles/720227/

Reply #2
Nope my system did not like the linux-ck kernel, locked up as soon as it booted.  :o

Reply #3
Because it's old enough that it doesn't read the zst firmware package, same thing with lts515, install the package linux-firmware-xz.
:)

Reply #4
The full -ck kernels were the real deal, I mean I would run nice -n 19 make -j8 in the background and use firefox/chromium/<insert hog here> without a single hiccup for hours and the compiz cube rotating non-stop on a C2D; unfortunately Kolivas stopped maintaining it and it won't compile anymore in recent kernels. The current linux-ck package in the AUR is only half the old patchset and not performing a quarter as well.