Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] S6 Install Stuck  (Read 1974 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] S6 Install Stuck

I am trying to install plasma s6 x86_64 version of Artix on my computer through VirtualBox VM

I am currently stuck at the "Welcome to Artix" screen. I tried inputting User name and Password, even though this is my first time setting this up and pressed login (i just assume it was to create a a local account). I noticed that after a short time, the password disappeared and i'm still at the same screen. It doesn't login or do anything.

Maybe it's worth mentioning that after i chose the from Stick/HDD: artix.x86_64 option, the init process started i notice some mentions of failure, most notably being "WARNING: Failed to connect to lvmtad. Falling back to device scanning"  The process continued, then the "Welcome to artix" screen. It also mentions "Artix Lxqt" even though i downloaded the kde/plasma version, but it does show "Plasma" in the session tab.

Any ideas?

//edit - also noticed the following:
[      18.514736 ] [drm:vmw_host_log  [vmwgfx]]  #ERROR# Failed to send host log messa
[      18.574364 ] [drm:vmw_host_log  [vmwgfx]]  #ERROR# Failed to send host log messa
mount: /etc/ppacman.d/gnupg : mount point does not exist
waiting for events: event logging is off
gpg: no ultimately trusted keys found

Re: S6 Install Stuck

Reply #1
What's the date on the ISO image? There was a brief period of time when the s6 isos had some issues so maybe you just got one of those.

WARNING: Failed to connect to lvmtad. Falling back to device scanning
That one is normal. No harm there.

mount: /etc/ppacman.d/gnupg : mount point does not exist
I have a PR to fix this in buildiso (that I actually totally forgot about). But it's a harmless error as far as I know.

Reply #2
@Dudemanguy

Downloaded this morning, from the dot.src (Denmark) mirror. File is artix-plasma-s6-20200210-x86_64.iso (dated 2020-02-10 17:22:34)

also, is it normal to be directed to login screen instead of directly to home after install like tutorials on youtube show?

Reply #3
Okay yeah that one should be fine. I'll try to test this later when I get some time. And yes, I think it should go directly to the login screen.

Reply #4
@dudemanguy

what about the login then password disappear then nothing happened (except the password field is empty)?

Reply #5
@dudemanguy

what about the login then password disappear then nothing happened (except the password field is empty)?

That clearly shouldn't happen. It's been a while since I tested the iso, but normally you just log in.

Reply #6
@dudemanguy

nvm, just found out i need to type artix as username and password. Got in to desktop and installed it. Worked just fine (a little bit sluggish but maybe that's because i only give it 1gb of ram). Anyway thank you for the help, this is my first Linux and i'm happy that i chose it

Re: [SOLVED] S6 Install Stuck

Reply #7
@dudemanguy

nvm, just found out i need to type artix as username and password. Got in to desktop and installed it. Worked just fine (a little bit sluggish but maybe that's because i only give it 1gb of ram). Anyway thank you for the help, this is my first Linux and i'm happy that i chose it
Hope you enjoy :)