Skip to main content
Topic: Artix Linux new flavor with Gnome Desktop ISO  (Read 22152 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Artix Linux new flavor with Gnome Desktop ISO

Reply #60
The real reason you are encountering this issue is because this iso is simply way too old. A lot of stuff happens in the background (we're rolling release after all) which makes updating a little more involved. In your case, removing gnome-logs was the correct choice because that package directly depends on journald (we don't have that obviously). To continue onwards, you can use the --overwrite argument in pacman to fix the file conflicts.

Reply #61
The real reason you are encountering this issue is because this iso is simply way too old. A lot of stuff happens in the background (we're rolling release after all) which makes updating a little more involved. In your case, removing gnome-logs was the correct choice because that package directly depends on journald (we don't have that obviously). To continue onwards, you can use the --overwrite argument in pacman to fix the file conflicts.

Thanks for the response Dudemanguy. Overwriting worked :)

Reply #62
artix-gnome-openrc-20210427-x86_64.iso misses a SHA256 sum.I installed it nevertheless and it runs smoothly so far in a VM.

Reply #63
Hi, is it possible to donate specifically for work related to the release of a stable Gnome iso ?

Reply #64
Hello, I have installed the OpenRC 20210427 variant on my HP laptop and I cannot get GNOME's night light feature to work in either X or Wayland. I've searched everywhere for a solution but I don't know what's causing it. I tried to activate it on a live USB on my desktop as well with no luck, still the same display color. Perhaps it's because my displays aren't showing up in the color setting panel "Unable to detect any devices that can be color managed", which works on Arch.