Skip to main content
Topic: Adding tigervnc openrc service files (Read 1976 times) previous topic - next topic

Adding tigervnc openrc service files

I was wondering if you guys could add the openrc service files for tigervnc to one of the repos. :D

Re: Adding tigervnc openrc service files

Reply #1
We're still missing quite a few initscripts. Can you put this into /etc/init.d, chmod +x it and see how it goes?

Reply #2
We're still missing quite a few initscripts. Can you put this into /etc/init.d, chmod +x it and see how it goes?

Code: [Select]
 % sudo rc-service tigervnc start
tigervnc          | * Caching service dependencies ...                                                                                                                                    [ ok ]
tigervnc          |tigervnc          | * Executing: /usr/lib/openrc/sh/openrc-run.sh /usr/lib/openrc/sh/openrc-run.sh /etc/init.d/tigervnc start
tigervnc          | * Please define $DISPLAYS in /etc/conf.d/tigervnc
tigervnc          | * ERROR: tigervnc failed to start

Reply #3
Edit for your setup and save it as /etc/conf.d/tigervnc:

# Config file for /etc/init.d/tigervnc

# Specify the user(s) Xvnc(1) should be run for. The syntax is: "username:display".
# example: "DISPLAYS="foo:1 bar:2" You can specify more users separated by space.
# DISPLAYS="myuser:1"

# Specify any of vncserver(1) and Xvnc(1) options. See the respective man pages for more information.
# VNC_OPTS=""

EDIT: Read the Gentoo wiki article for some simple examples. Once you report success, I'll pull it in our repos at first chance.

Reply #4
Edit for your setup and save it as /etc/conf.d/tigervnc:

# Config file for /etc/init.d/tigervnc

# Specify the user(s) Xvnc(1) should be run for. The syntax is: "username:display".
# example: "DISPLAYS="foo:1 bar:2" You can specify more users separated by space.
# DISPLAYS="myuser:1"

# Specify any of vncserver(1) and Xvnc(1) options. See the respective man pages for more information.
# VNC_OPTS=""

EDIT: Read the Gentoo wiki article for some simple examples. Once you report success, I'll pull it in our repos at first chance.
Sorry for the lack of a reply, but I've been swamped with school work. On the bright side I've managed to get tigervnc to work with openrc!