Skip to main content
Topic: Show Your Screenshots Here (Read 68064 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Show Your Screenshots Here

Reply #150
LOL, "You have been suspended from the forum..."

Reply #151
Apparently waxing nostalgic for bygone days makes on a disenter and a drunk?

I wear the badge of honor proudly!  And it makes a great desktop wallpaper?!?
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #152
Apparently waxing nostalgic for bygone days makes on a disenter and a drunk?

I wear the badge of honor proudly!  And it makes a great desktop wallpaper?!?

I know what you mean but I can not anwser "yes" or "no". I am not a Manjaro user, nor a registered member of their forum.

Reply #154
Artix Xfce & wallpapers.
Firefox: modified userChrome.css from the theme + Tree Style Tab add-on.
Customized shell prompt:
Code: [Select]
cat ~/.bashrc
PS1='\[\e[1;33m\]$(date +%H:%M:%S)\[\e[m\] \[\e[1;32m\]\w\[\e[m\] \[\e[1;34m\]▶\[\e[m\] '
Mandrake —> SUSE Linux —> Slackware —> ASPLinux —> Debian —> Ubuntu —> Linux Mint —> Arch Linux —> Void Linux —> Artix Linux (runit) —> Oberun
Best regards to Artix development team

Reply #155
Artix Xfce & wallpapers.
Firefox: modified userChrome.css from the theme + Tree Style Tab add-on.
Customized shell prompt:
cat ~/.bashrc
PS1='\[\e[1;33m\]$(date +%H:%M:%S)\[\e[m\] \[\e[1;32m\]\w\[\e[m\] \[\e[1;34m\]▶\[\e[m\] '

you inspired me to go looking for a darker them with black icons....  along the way i found plum ones instead.  is there such a thing as too much purple?
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #156
Newaita has colorized scripts for folders.
Mandrake —> SUSE Linux —> Slackware —> ASPLinux —> Debian —> Ubuntu —> Linux Mint —> Arch Linux —> Void Linux —> Artix Linux (runit) —> Oberun
Best regards to Artix development team

Reply #157
I have since changed up my set up. No longer on XFCE, but on bspwm. Also terminal is no longer kitty terminal, but rather use the lighter-weight st terminal.

Tried to have a minimal, but still visually appealing setup, mainly using nord colorscheme. My workflow these days is mainly terminal-centric.

I have no status bar, as btop on my first workspace is all I really need for resource monitoring.

Reply #158
I have since changed up my set up. No longer on XFCE, but on bspwm. Also terminal is no longer kitty terminal, but rather use the lighter-weight st terminal.

Tried to have a minimal, but still visually appealing setup, mainly using nord colorscheme. My workflow these days is mainly terminal-centric.

I have no status bar, as btop on my first workspace is all I really need for resource monitoring.

tres chic

(in my pennsylvania dutch accent)
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #159
Odroid-N2+, running Armtix-Runit. That's my rice and daily driver for 2 years now:

• Wayfire with Simpletile-plugin   :   highly recommended!
  • Waybar
  • Nwg-grid as launcher
  • Nwg-bar as logout-screen
  • Foot-terminal   :   highly recommended!
  • Ion-shell as login-shell   :   highly recommended!
  • Starship Shell-prompt
  • NNN-filemanager with icon-plugin   :   highly recommended!

Keyboard-driven. Totally stable. Best Workflow I ever had!!!
Big THX to all maintainers, contributors, developers, admins and users that made me this dream come true!

Reply #160
In case someone might still think xfce is not that versatile this is my xfce floating taskbar. Those 2 from the left hide intelligently while third from the right never hides unless full screen mpv or other similar app is open.

Reply #161
In case someone might still think xfce is not that versatile this is my xfce floating taskbar.
Yes, XFCE is very "flexible", practical, stable and "lightweight"!
Once you understand how to configure dashboards and how to create custom launchers, you don't want to use anything else.
On my laptop, I even added a taskbar to adjust the brightness.
The left and top taskbars hide automatically :

Reply #162

My setup running Openbox as my main working environment with my favourite Ghost in the Shell wallpaper. It is fast, stable and with helper applications will do everything so far that I have ever needed. I have two displays and I have not had an issue with displays in Openbox. The floating menu saves mouse movement (increasing speed with less wear and tear on the body). The configuration are simple XML files. I just keep coming back to it as it fits my work flow. I first configured Openbox around 20 years ago. I just kept updating the configurations when required which were not too much at all. Then I copied configuration files to any systems that I have used with very minor edits for helper applications and stuff like paths. That to me is stability.
Running in autostart:
feh (to set the wallpaper)
numlockx
tint2 (panel)
udiskie (auto-mounting devices)
gapcmon (APC UPS monitor)
xfce-polkit (privilege escalation)
notify-osd (notification daemon - required for udiskie announcements)
orage (calendar for appointments)
pasystray (one needs pulse for steam, right now pipewire does not seem to be stable enough)
qlipper (clipboard manager)
keepassxc (web password manager)
The menu (not shown) is a dynamic one with icons running with obmenu-generator. Thus any new application with a desktop file will automatically show up in the menu. As stuff evolves these applications will most likely change but the core functionality of these will be replicated with the new ones.
The idea of total control in Openbox appealed to me. Though it does take a while to configure once done it is very fast, stable and can be tailored with any other application one would like to use for those functions one requires.

I have "urxvt" setup as a pseudo tiling application that opens 4 equal sized terminals per desktop space. I really like this feature in a floating windows manager. In ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml, I created a keybind to open urxvt (Meta-u) then in ~/.Xresources I configured the size of the urxvt window to be 1/4 of the screen. The result is what you see after opening 4 terminals in a row on a selected desktop space. Simple but works quite well for when I am doing command line stuff. It did take of few trials after selecting the font to use to get it right but once done you're good to go.
At the moment the init is "dinit". I like the speed and the simple configurations of the scripts and for me the commands to manage are easy to remember. Although I have also used OpenRC and Runit in the past as well.