Skip to main content
Topic: Displaylink service (Read 881 times) previous topic - next topic

Displaylink service

Hello,  I'm trying to get a displaylink display working over usb3.0 but the service can't be found after installation from the AUR.
Do I need to create the service  (or run file) myself somehow from the systemd .service file or does there need to be a -runit package for it to work?
Or the better question, is this fixable with me tinkering, or is there actual programming/coding required?
If I can create the run file myself (and that is all that is needed) is there anywhere i can find documentation on how to do so?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: Displaylink service

Reply #1
Hello,  I'm trying to get a displaylink display working over usb3.0 but the service can't be found after installation from the AUR.
Do I need to create the service  (or run file) myself somehow from the systemd .service file or does there need to be a -runit package for it to work?
Or the better question, is this fixable with me tinkering, or is there actual programming/coding required?
If I can create the run file myself (and that is all that is needed) is there anywhere i can find documentation on how to do so?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi,

You will need to modify parts of the scripts and other things, like service installation location and name (run), in order to make this work.

Regards

Re: Displaylink service

Reply #2
Allright, will take me a while then probably, but I'm up for the challenge.

Thanks for the info.

SPLIT: Re: Displaylink service

Reply #3
Please don't necropost, especially off-topic (since this is the Runit subforum). Thread has been split into its own in OpenRC.
now only the dinit guy in artix