Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: I'm new to Artix, i want suggestions. (Read 1722 times) previous topic - next topic

I'm new to Artix, i want suggestions.

I recently installed Artix, about a 10 hours ago
since i like distro hopping and testing new kind of Linux distributions
so far Artix has been faster than other distros in term of boot time, i use the runit version of Artix.

And so my question is:
Is there anything i need to know about Artix before using it, where do i start what should i read or know.
Also i noticed that there are apparently no 32bit libs and stuff i don't quite understand how it works and why so if i can get some introduction on that, but one thing i know is that you can install steam using flatpak and play native linux games but not the proton ones.
Why use Windows? When you can use Linux for FREE!

Re: I'm new to Artix, i want suggestions.

Reply #2
i don't like flatpak's too but it's the only way to get the steam to work..
Anyway wiki seems a little blank what page should i start reading basic tasks one?

Reply #4
Do you know archlinux?  Do you know how this distribution for advanced users works?  Or have you used another  distribution before?

Reply #5
Yeah thank you i found it out too, i have read, and I'm still reading the wiki page.
Is it recommended to enable artix's lib32 and Arch's multilib i mean would it break something or affect the computer performance if i install 32bit applications

Reply #6
Yeah thank you i found it out too, i have read, and I'm still reading the wiki page.
Is it recommended to enable artix's lib32 and Arch's multilib i mean would it break something or affect the computer performance if i install 32bit applications
No it can not. It you install 32 bits library and programs. Of course you use it only for this 32 bit apps as steam or wine

Reply #7
Awesome now i can remove flatpak and install steam, everything works flawlessly,
Since I don't like system-d that much I think that this system would be a nice OS to stay on my home computer, i will continue reading wiki and that's about it.  8)

Reply #8
Same important is wiki.archlinux.org too. We are just archlinux without systemd.  ;)

Reply #9
Yeah i came here from Manjaro previously, since i used Manjaro i had read some of ArchWiki mainly when needed to do something, but yeah i will read the introduction since it might have some useful info, i will leave this thread open if someone have to suggest something else, after 5 hours i will close it.