Skip to main content
Topic: More installation trouble (Read 4110 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: More installation trouble

Reply #17
Of course the ISOs come from Sourseforge that is a total different scenario.  But the repros did at 1st but Artix now uses its own

you can safely remove SF mirrors anyway that is what I did and no problems I update daily.

You should see this just under the forum header.
We don't use Sourceforge for mirroring our repositories anymore. If your mirrorlist shows SF mirrors on top, you need to update artix-mirrorlist from [system-testing] and merge /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.pacnew into /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.

Reply #20
I think I know the problem I've downloaded the latest ISO  and it still has the old mirror list on it.
But if you do pacman -Syy to refresh and sync databases the 1st two entries are arch-keyring and artix-mirrorlist.
 so I did sudo pacman -S arch-keyring artix-mirrorlist then merged the mirror list removing all sorceforge entries, but i did not test complete as the net was to slow today. Not sure if that Jenkins mirror is needed any more will try again when i get a faster net speed

Reply #22
It is not a huge problem as the first entry is not a sourceforge one  and as it is the first one used should be OK granted if for some reason it doesn't  work the following sourceforge ones certainly won't work.