Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: SOLVED: Can't move or resize any windows after installation (Read 788 times) previous topic - next topic

SOLVED: Can't move or resize any windows after installation

Also, the minimize/maximize/close buttons didn't work.  This happened to me on both installs (two different laptops).  I was able to find enough of a clue online to try a few things and get it fixed.  But the solution wasn't stated clearly anywhere that i could find, and it was not in relation to Artix.  Thus this post.

When this happened, again, on my 2nd install, i was able to pinpoint exactly what fixed it:
Code: [Select]
rm ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml

I have no idea *why* this particular file causes the problem, but once you delete it, it gets recreated and everything then works fine.

Re: SOLVED: Can't move or resize any windows after installation

Reply #2
The machine i downloaded it on is no longer, so i can't look at the actual download.
I can tell you that it was the latest s6/lxqt when i downloaded it and i checked relatively recently to see if it had been updated and it hadn't.  I still have it on a stick though and it mounts as .../ARTIX_202107/

Reply #3
I just tested artix-lxqt-s6-20210726 and the buttons work. Same for the latest weekly artix-lxqt. Perhaps a specific setting you tweaked, led to that.

Reply #4
When this happened, again, on my 2nd install, i was able to pinpoint exactly what fixed it:
Code: [Select]
rm ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml

I have no idea *why* this particular file causes the problem,
Save one copy of that file when it works, and another when it doesn't, and diff(1) them (or vimdiff(1)). That way you will both learn why and how to correct your issue without deleting the entire settings file. If you have found a bug, report it upstream.

Reply #5
Ok, I finally encountered the error and pushed a fix. Next weeklies should have it.

[EDIT] It only happens if you launch 'Openbox Settings'.