Skip to main content
Topic: What to choose? (Read 3591 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What to choose?

Reply #15
. . .
Just take the time to read that whole page, it lists multiple possible solutions. In general, if cp or dd don't work, other programs won't either, as the medium or ISO itself are likely faulty.
Medium isn't faulty because all other distro ISO versions working like a charm (Manjaro, Fedora, Ubuntu, Garuda...)

Reply #16
OK. I will try some of the described methods later today and publish the results after that.
I have try to boot installation with error copied ISO and the boot was successful but whatever icon i click from the desktop or other nothing happened. No any reaction :(

That is a known issue with certain isos, if you disconnect wifi briefly, the desktop should be responsive again,

Reply #18
Hello.
I have tried all the described methods (dd, Image Writer and others mentioned) but none of them work.
I also tried to turn off Wi-Fi (I don't have it and I don't use it) with code that changes the script, but the icons on the desktop have no answer (when I click on them, only a small clock appears that disappears after a short time) except the Menu-> icon. Restart / Sleep / Hibernate. Just work.

I give up because I don't want to pray for Artix to install.

THANK YOU ALL!

Reply #19
Hello.
I have tried all the described methods (dd, Image Writer and others mentioned) but none of them work.
Hello,

Have you tried a "weekly" iso?
Have you tried another version eg lxqt or xfce?
https://iso.artixlinux.org/weekly-isos.php

I give up because I don't want to pray for Artix to install.
Oh !

THANK YOU ALL!
You are welcome.  8)

Reply #20
Hmm.
I haven't tried the weekly ISO and I'm only interested in Cinnamon.
Now I am d/l weekly cinnamon and I will give it a chance after d/l.

Reply #21
Hmm.
I haven't tried the weekly ISO and I'm only interested in Cinnamon.
Sometimes you can install a lxqt version and then add another graphical interface.
This is what I was doing when there was no xfce iso available for Artix.

Now I am d/l weekly cinnamon and I will give it a chance after d/l.
Hope for the best!

Reply #22
:(
All the same again...
I have tried with Kernel boot parameter 'intel_iommu=on iommu=pt' but all the same. . .
Sorry, but quitting :(

TNX!