Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: resolution stuck at 3000 x 2000 (Read 658 times) previous topic - next topic

resolution stuck at 3000 x 2000

Hi, im having an issue where the resolution is stuck at a resolution so high that i cant use anything other than kde.
i think that this is related to my system specs (surface book 3) as i am having the same issue with basically all arch based distros.

any help much appreciated.

Re: resolution stuck at 3000 x 2000

Reply #1
Meaning you tried changing the resolution? How?

Edit: X.Org or Wayland?

X.Org - hint here (disclaimer: that script doesn't use grep to parse output of xrandr correctly, so I don't recommend actually using it, but it shows the general idea). So, what is the output of
Code: [Select]
xrandr

Wayland - I don't use it so I don't know; https://sr.ht/~emersion/wlr-randr/ maybe?

Reply #3
So, what is the output of xrandr?
bash: xrandr command not found

X.org to answer that question.
i did try to change the resolution but xrandr does not seem to be on artix/runit. also if i could use xrandr it would do absolutely nothing because it deosnt even give me the option to change the resolution; through DE nor xrandr.

also i could just use wayland, but from my limited experience it fixes the issue while causing more. for some reason it gives me weird and unusual resolutions like 1115 x 1800.
i am currently doing that but seeing as i am using a laptop, high resolutions dont play well with battery life.

Reply #4
How did you install X.Org? That package is part of the xorg-apps and xorg package group, it should have been installed.

Never mind though. You can install it with
$ su
# pacman -S xorg-xrandr
and then paste its output. Edit: This could be the reason why you can't change the resolution or don't have additional resolutions offered! I would even just reinstall xorg with
$ su
# pacman -S xorg
and then press Enter at the following prompts, accepting all packages (normally 26) offered by that command.

i did try to change the resolution but xrandr does not seem to be on artix/runit.
False. As said above, it is part of the xorg-apps and xorg package groups and is normally installed when installing xorg. Just executing:
pacman -S xorg
pulls xorg-xrandr as well.

also if i could use xrandr it would do absolutely nothing because it deosnt even give me the option to change the resolution; through DE nor xrandr.
Have you tried setting resolution through xrandr? If not, you can't be certain about it.