Skip to main content
Topic: Kimageannotator - invalid signature from BuildBot preventing upgrades (Read 499 times) previous topic - next topic

Kimageannotator - invalid signature from BuildBot preventing upgrades

init: runit
DE: KDE Plasma

The first issue was this morning - I updated my system, restarted, and was unable to login. I was brought to the login screen but when I entered my password, the system froze and wouldn't log in.

I wiped my computer and re-installed Artix from a fresh live USB. Everything worked fine, but now when I go to update pacman, I receive the following issue:

Code: [Select]
error: kimageannotator: signature from "Artix Buildbot <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/kimageannotator-0.5.3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]

No matter if I press yes or no, I receive the answer:

Code: [Select]
Errors occured, no packages were upgraded.

I've followed the steps in this helpdoc, but they haven't changed anything:

https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Troubleshooting#Invalid_or_corrupted_packages_.28PGP_signature.29

Now I'm unable to upgrade anything because kimageannotator has gotten in the way. Please advise.

Re: Kimageannotator - invalid signature from BuildBot preventing upgrades

Reply #1
I've placed Kimageannotator in "IgnorePkg" and it still doesn't let me upgrade.

Reply #2
I fixed this issue by running sudo pacman -Rs spectacle , which is the package that the kimageannotator is connected to. Spectacle is kdes default screenshot application, so removing it will not break your system.

Reply #3
I fixed this issue by running sudo pacman -Rs spectacle , which is the package that the kimageannotator is connected to. Spectacle is kdes default screenshot application, so removing it will not break your system.

Thanks, that worked!

Forgive me for not taking that route sooner. I've had bad experiences in the past removing what's in the base ISO.

Reply #4
Thanks, that worked!

Forgive me for not taking that route sooner. I've had bad experiences in the past removing what's in the base ISO.
Installation from the base ISO only installs packages indicated by the user, and their dependencies. KDE is not among the fundamental dependencies, such as base, base-devel and so on. Removing what's in the fundamental dependencies could make the system unusable.