Skip to main content
Topic: Show Your Screenshots Here (Read 68041 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Show Your Screenshots Here

Reply #165
Thanks! Still on the lookout for a 7900XTX. My 6800XT was purchased used from a scalper and it's in terrible shape. It's got bent fins, a dented backplate, and it crashes if it's under too much load.

Reply #166
Thanks! Still on the lookout for a 7900XTX. My 6800XT was purchased used from a scalper and it's in terrible shape. It's got bent fins, a dented backplate, and it crashes if it's under too much load.
Sounds like me with my ryzen motherboard, i've blown a vrm phase, bent it with a cooler had water on the chipset, it's still rock stable to this very day :D
And i have a similar gpu albeit lower end, a 5500XT, but mine is plagued with the tjunction problem, repasting only got it from 105C to 102C. Keeping it power limited for now. Probably i have to do a thermal pad mod too.

Reply #168

'Patented' a new ghostly taskbar look. Background image for all those 4 panels is a transparent image which lets wallpaper breathe
  thru  🫣 Wallpaper is also stolen from some picture. Xfce btw 😉

Reply #169

Played a bit more with these things and made a cool background for the shell. Used a transparent customized background image with Artix logo and a moon behind it
  and draw a thin 1px white line on the edge. This fits for a 112x19 shell geometry that has no borders. If anyone curios to edit/play with it, here's the  

Used a 4th panel exclusively destined for the systray cos it changes its length when hid option is disabled. This way it doesn't messes with the other panels that i need
  them fixed.

And here's how it looks like.

Reply #173
Here goes ricing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #174
Current desktop

Reply #175

In case anyone wants some fun with pacman here's the download download

And here's how it looks. I use xfce terminal settings and choose stretched adjustment so it fits roughly all terminal window sizes.

Reply #176
Cinnamon Desktop

- Cale

Reply #177
DWM + OpenRC

Reply #178
Nice screenshots and a great selection of different styles and setups.
The past week I've been tinkering with my newly set up system trying to find out what would suit me best. Here is where I am at the moment: OpenRC +  awesome dotfiles

I am using an old Thinkpad (W510). I still like it very much, the keyboard is so nice compared to most of the new ones, the screen is also very pleasing to the eyes and I maxed out the RAM with 32 GB. The NVIDIA Quadro only has 1GB but it is working well when using the proprietary drivers (this is really helping keeping the laptop quieter when watching videos).

I had to wrap my head around the awesome configuration and the lua programming language, which I never heard of before. I am still struggling with some setups but with taking small steps (restarting awesome after every small change in order to see if it's breaking) there has been some progress. For example, screen brightness control is something I cannot do without and I knew the configuration for my nvidia card with previous setups. It worked but not with awesome. It took me quite some time until I found the solution in setting the kernel parameter acpi_backlight=vendor.

Still a work in progress but I am getting there.

Reply #179
Just default (almost) sway in Artix Linux with s6 init :)