Skip to main content
Topic: New ISOs for a New Year (Read 6880 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: New ISOs for a New Year

Reply #15
Spoke too soon. The workaround above only works for misconfigured openrc and runit ISOs. Calamares won't work under s6, @Dudemanguy is on it and we'll have a fix and update within the next few hours.

Reply #16
I installed from this ISO

artix-plasma-s6-20200125-x86_64.iso

do I still need to manually apply changes mentioned in announcement ?

[s6] The next s6-linux-init requires manual intervention dated 2020-01-19

Regards,

Reply #17
Nope, that announcement was only for people upgrading. You installed a version after that, so there's no need to worry.

Reply #18
Nope, that announcement was only for people upgrading. You installed a version after that, so there's no need to worry.

Thanks,

Just wondering how is Artix s6 based ISO different from Obarun?

What I noticed is that on Artix s6 I just had to install and use while on Obarun most of the things I had to do was manually .

Reply #19
I haven't used Obarun myself, so I'm not sure exactly what he does. I know that Obarun wrote 66 and 66-tools which is a sort of frontend wrapper around s6/s6-rc.

In Artix, the s6 implementation is just straight up s6/s6-rc/s6-linux-init with service scripts you can install from our repos. I did my best to script away most of the abstractions and boilerplate from the user so it would be easy to use. The idea is that you should pretty much only ever need to directly deal with s6-rc.

Reply #20
The docker images has not been updated in two years.  What is the current status of this?  I would like to setup a build environment such that I do not need all the dev tooling to build packages and pollute my packages too much with cruft. ;-)

Reply #21
The docker images has not been updated in two years.  What is the current status of this?  I would like to setup a build environment such that I do not need all the dev tooling to build packages and pollute my packages too much with cruft. ;-)

With the last post being from 4 years ago, this really should have been its own thread.

Docker images aren't currently posted to Docker Hub because of the restrictions that have been added to free accounts and orgs since the last push. Docker images instead can be obtained from our Gitea. These also are quite old so I'll see about updating them. I intended to take ownership of the Docker images since I use them for one of my own projects.