Skip to main content
Topic: Artix needs your help (Read 48050 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Artix needs your help

Reply #30

I ran it by hand, so it might apear fixed but the cron job might still be failing.  I think I might need to reboot that server since the last upgrade.  Maybe there is a library conflict in cron.

Reply #31
Actually, you are correct, it now is working evidently.  I restarted cron and it seems to be happy.

Reply #32
Hi,

how often should a "normal" mirror sync with the primary mirrors? Is once an hour enough?

Reply #33
Yes, it's more than enough. Some of our mirrors only sync every 8 hours or so. The primary mirror syncs directly from the build server every 20 minutes.

Reply #34
The ISOs subdir in mirror1 syncs separately from sourceforge and is not exported through rsyncd. We use a top-level directory of artix-linux to make it easier for secondary mirrors to discern what (and where) they're downloading. If you rsync directly from  rsync://mirror1.artixlinux.org you'll get the repo subdirs neatly tucked below artix-linux.

is it correct now?

Reply #35
Hi,

I'm the administrator of a private school in Hamburg, Germany. I'd like to provide a build server or at least a repo server for artix.
It would be nice, if one of the administrators of this site could contact me to discuss the requests or provide me with a contact person.
CU
casaubon

P.S.: my email should be in your database :-)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Reply #37
Good morning :)

I'd like to provide a mirror as well, it's already set up and syncs once a hour. It's located in Dresden, Germany.
https://artix.rw-net.de/repos/

Feel free to give it a try, i've already used it for some test installations.

Reply #38
Good morning :)

I'd like to provide a mirror as well, it's already set up and syncs once a hour. It's located in Dresden, Germany.
https://artix.rw-net.de/repos/

Feel free to give it a try, i've already used it for some test installations.

Thank you, artoo has already pushed an updated mirrorlist to [gremlins].

Reply #44
I am using LXQT-openrc and it is running on a file server with a pair of disks mirrored for the files. The OS is on a separate hard drive.

I was also having the 'nss' error mentioned in another topic, but have successfully overcome that error by following the instructions.
Kodi Lucky Patcher nox
Can anyone give any clues as to why this is happening please?
Wrong topic to post this in :D