Skip to main content
Topic: Telegram-Desktop Error (Read 1289 times) previous topic - next topic

Telegram-Desktop Error

Today i install artix-plasma-runit! After the updates, i install telegram-desktop. When i open the app never open the window.

When i try telegram-dekstop at terminal, i take that output
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Re: Telegram-Desktop Error

Reply #1
Hello, there is another post that talk about it. I see many people is using an alternative to "Telegram-Desktop".

Best regards.
Artix Linux Colombia

Reply #3
I change the global theme to breeze  and telegram desktop open normally! Artix theme is the problem to that error!

Reply #4
I change the global theme to breeze  and telegram desktop open normally! Artix theme is the problem to that error!
I am unsure if the problem is due to the Artix-theme. As per this ubuntu forum thread and this super-user forum thread, the problem is arising because you are missing a certain gtk2-engine package. The solution allegedly is installing or reinstalling the package, not changing the theme.

Do try it once. Thanks. :)
#FreeHongKong

Reply #5
@Anaximenes i am with you. But i do a fresh install and when i change to breeze the telegram open! Without any package install.

Reply #8
Today i install artix-plasma-runit! After the updates, i install telegram-desktop. When i open the app never open the window.

When i try telegram-dekstop at terminal, i take that output
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

how big problem is install gtk-engine-murrine??

pacman -S gtk-engine-murrine

btw. I just installed the telegram-desktop under KDE, and it doesn't report any bugs. The problem is probably with your gtk2 setup

Reply #9
After
Code: [Select]
pacman -S gtk-engine-murrine
with artix-theme i take that error

Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita"

Reply #10
@robotfreak , please try
sudo pacman -S gtk-engines
That must solve the issue once and for all.

:)
#FreeHongKong